St. Patty’s Day might have come and gone…but that doesn’t mean it’s the end of seeing lots and lots of green. Pantone’s Color of Year is EMERALD which means we will be seeing an abundance of it throughout the year. Look for it in makeup, fashion and home decor.
Here, a few reasons I love green!
1) It’s the color of veggies…and I do love my salads! My favorite salad recipe? Greens with Goat Cheese, Walnuts and Dried Cranberries.
2) I see the world through green eyes. They started out hazel…I swear I willed them to turn green! If your eyes are similar to mine (green or hazel) opt for eyeliners or shadows in shades of apricot or purple to make them pop. Metallic hues like gold, copper or bronze will also complement your eyes. To try: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Violet Plum, $28 or Estee Lauder Pure Color EyeShadow in Sizzling Copper, $21.
3) This year, green is hot and the picks are plentiful! Check out Drop Necklace Set available on Etsy, only $12.40 and Diane von Furstenberg ‘Leanna’ Silk Shirtdress, $375.
4) Who couldn’t use more $green? To save, invest, donate or spend.
5) Living “green” doesn’t have to be all or nothing. The little things you do can add up to big changes for you and the environment. Here, 10 Tips for Living a Green Life.
photography courtesy of J.Crew