The Top Knot
The Top Knot can (and should!) be your go-to hairstyle when you need to look gorgeous in very little time. It’s actually best when done on “dirty” hair and looks just as great running around town as it does at a formal event. Jenny Balding, NYC Cutler/Redken Stylist, shares how to create the perfectly imperfect topknot:
- Start with day two hair onwards as your hair will be easier to manage with an already ‘lived -in’ texture.
- Mist hair with dry shampoo, focusing primarily on the roots for more texture, grip and volume.
- Then mist a light hairspray throughout for some hold and extra grip.
- Sweep your hair into high ponytail. Check what it looks like from your profile so you can position your ponytail at the most flattering point of your head for your face shape.
- Take the ponytail and back-brush from the underneath lightly to create a slight disheveled texture.
- Sweep around the base of the ponytail and pin using U shaped hairpins. These really anchor the hair best which means you will only need 2 or 3 to secure.
- Clean Dry Shampoo ($10), a talc-free, paraben-free and sulfate-free formula that absorbs excess oil and leaves behind a light, fresh scent.
- Bumble and Bumble Spray de Mode ($15) is a quick-drying, flake-free, flexible hold hairspray, perfect as a working or finishing spray. (image via pinterest)
2 Responses to "The Top Knot"Add Comment