A NOSE JOB WITHOUT SURGERY? YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT!
Non-surgical aesthetic procedures are hotter than hot, so it was only a matter of time before liquid nose jobs started gaining in popularity. If you’re not happy with your nose but you’re hesitant to go under the scalpel you don’t have to suffer in silence, or suffer at all for that matter. Non surgical rhinoplasty might be just what you’re looking for. The procedure can make a world of a difference in how your nose looks. It can make it appear straighter, give it more symmetry and balance, fix an indented contour, add definition to the tip and even be used to fix post-operative rhinoplasty indentations, all with very natural results.
Chester, New Jersey - based plastic surgeon, Dr. Larry Weinstein, MD, F.A.C.S. has been using fillers to touch up noses for over twenty years, so clearly it’s not exactly a new thing in the field of aesthetics. The difference though is the number of options available to get the job done. Dr. Weinstein has used Radiesse, Collagen and hyalaronic fillers, his latest preference being Juvederm PLUS. He also likes the possibility of Voluma, which he says “may have application for dorsum saddle nose deformities.” If you are a candidate for a non-surgical nose job, your doctor will be able to choose the right filler or fillers for your particular concerns.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The actual procedure can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes.
- It can be pain-free when a topical anesthetic is applied 20-30 minutes before the procedure.
- The results are immediate. You’ll walk out of the office with your new and improved nose.
- If you’re not happy with the results, the procedure can be reversed quickly and easily with an injection of hyaluronidase to break down the hyaluronic acid fillers used for this procedure.
- Depending on your doctor, the filler and the amount of work being done, the cost is approximately $650 to $900.
- It’s not permanent. You can expect the results to last anywhere from 3 months to 2 years, depending on which fillers are chosen and how quickly your body metabolizes the product.
- To maintain the results you’d need to re-inject the nose.
It’s important to note that though this procedure can make you love looking in the mirror, everyone is not a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty. Your doctor can advise whether it is an option for you. With a liquid nose job, the upside is that you can have instant and often dramatic results with virtually no downtime and without the pain, recovery period and higher cost that surgery requires. The downside to this procedure is that the results are not permanent so you’ll have to repeatedly get re-injected which can certainly add up financially, plus the procedure is not without risks of its own.
Think it might be worth trying? Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to determine if this procedure is right for you.
Note: For more of my stories on aesthetic procedures, check out my blog posts on Smart Beauty Guide.
(featured image courtesy of pinterest)