If you watched the Oscars last night, you might have noticed a trend emerging, a return to Hollywood glamour. Jessica Chastain, Reese Witherspoon and Catherine Zeta Jones (among many others) sported Hollywood Waves hair, characterized by a side part, super-shiny waves beginning below ear level and not a hair out of place. It’s a style that pays tribute to screen legends, Veronica Lake and Rita Hayworth.
If you love this look as much as I do and your hair is at least a few inches longer than your shoulders it’s very easy to duplicate.
- Work mousse through damp hair (to add hold) and blow-dry using a round brush. I like Kerastase Mousse Substantive.
- Starting on one side, midway down hair shaft (slightly below the ears) wrap 2-3 inch sections around a hot curling iron (try the Bio Ionic Style Winder), held vertically. Work your way around entire head until all your hair is done.
- Let hair cool completely, then gently finger-comb to break up the waves for a slightly softer, looser look.
- Add a styling cream such as Bumble and bumble Grooming Creme for added shine.
- Lock it in with a finishing spray like Paul Mitchell’s Awapuhi Finishing Spray.