Believe it or not…Wednesday, August 14th is Wear Your Hair Curly Day! You have less than a week to pledge to go curly (click here) for Garnier Fructis Style to make a donation to Willie Mae Rock Camp for Girls on your behalf.
Give it a shot…celeb stylist Tommy Buckett of Serge Normant Salon in NYC shares his tips so your curls will never be less than perfect.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to avoid knots, tangles and damage. Start at the ends working upwards.
- Sleep on a silk pillow or wrap your hair in a silk headscarf before bedtime.
- Switch up your hair products seasonally. Warmer months call for lighter products that won’t weigh down curls.
- Before hitting the beach, saturate wet hair with a conditioning and protective oil treatment.
- After washing, gently squeeze excess water from hair and immediately massage an anti-frizz cream through hair before allowing to air-dry without touching.
- If hair is color-treated, indulge in a weekly conditioning treatment for added nourishment.
Buckett’s Product Picks: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil, Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel, Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment, Garnier Fructis Style Curl Calm Down Anti-Frizz Cream, Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition 3-Minute Undo Dryness Reversal Treatment
(photo courtesy of sweetlemonmag.com)