This is a hard one…it’s the first year that I won’t get to personally hand you a Father’s Day card and tell you how much I love you and give you a big hug and wish you a happy father’s day. You won’t be at the family barbecue and you won’t be saying that my cake is the best you’ve ever tasted. If I was giving you a card I’d tell you how thankful I am for all you’ve taught me, like…
- family is everything.
- make friends from all different walks of life–it’s what makes life interesting.
- a little beef jerky can fix anything.
- the importance of hard work and even harder play.
- never chase a bet.
- it’s nice to reminisce–the good old days really were good days.
- there’s nothing better than bagels & lox for Sunday brunch.
- keep learning.
- always make room at the table when a friend stops by.
- there are do-ers and there are talk-ers. Be a do-er.
- treat everyone with respect, regardless of their station in life.
- help when you can.
- don’t let others drag you down.
- life is too short…even when you live to be 85!
Today is 295 days without you and not a day goes by that I don’t think of you and miss you. I will always love you and I will always remember. xoxoNancy