August 6th is Fresh Breath Day!!!
Apparently there’s a “day” for almost everything…and if this isn’t proof, I don’t know what is. Today, August 6th is officially National Fresh Breath Day (shouldn’t it be every day!!!) and with 65% of Americans suffering from persistent halitosis there’s no time like the present to jump-start your extra attention to oral hygiene. Here, some help for halitosis:
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day to keep your saliva oxygen-rich.
- Brush and floss after every meal to remove plaque and food particles.
- Brush or scrape your tongue daily since 90% of odor causing bacteria resides on the tongue. Try DenTek’s Comfort Clean Tongue Cleaner ($2.50), designed to clean your tongue in 3 easy swipes.
- Stay away from breath mints or gum with sugar in it. Sulfur-producing bacteria flourishes in the presence of sugar. Instead, you’ll like Hello BreathSpray ($3.75) in Supermint. It’s small enough to tuck in your bag or pocket. The line also includes mouthwash, toothpaste and more, available in a variety of flavors and promises clean breath without the use of alcohol, artificial sweeteners, dyes or chemicals.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and mouthwashes containing alcohol. They dry the mouth out, an ideal breeding situation for bacteria.
Now, you’ve got something to smile about!
(featured image, Kate Moss by Paolo Roversi)